
A followup to the 'Another Average Day In Beta' Developer Blog post has been unleashed upon the world, entitled '(Someone Else's) Average Day In Beta'.
It’s two minutes into the match, and I am dead. My Centurion took a wrong turn into an Atlas, Hunchback, and Catapult K2. I de-limbed the Atlas, so I at least did something. In spectator mode, I’m watching the Hunchback 4G equipped with a Gauss rifle and three medium lasers. He/she has a really interesting style – follow a hundred metres behind an Atlas. This works shockingly well – but let’s get to that as we go.
The Atlas being followed is a Founder’s – pretty much stock, except for dual SRM-6’s, a Gauss rifle, and I assume more heat sinks. Plodding forward on Frozen City, its gaze sweeps left and right. It is about 100 metres in front of the pilot I am viewing through. The Hunchback I am ‘ghosting’ is matching the speed of the Atlas in front, though I am not sure why. I understand the idea is to cover the Atlas, but why so far back? The loadout has obvious clues, but I don’t understand at first.
Head over to the Official Site for the full article.
No comments:
Post a Comment