Thursday, 30 August 2012

Developer Blog: Another Average Day In Beta


A new Developer Blog update has been posted on the official site, entitled 'Another Average Day In Beta'.

As we land, I see the familiar skyline of River City, and lament my choice of Mech. It’s not that I don’t like my Atlas, it’s that I love my Jenner here. I quickly look over my lancemates, and see a nice mix: a Commando, a Jenner, two Hunchbacks, two Catapults, and an Awesome. This is the first time I have ever been the heaviest Mech on my team. Well, here we go!

The two lights sprint off together, going left by way of bridge. Unless they meet the other teams lights, they’ll be across before anyone spots them. I head for the right side bridge, and note that the Awesome positions himself overlooking the opposite shore. One Catapult does the same, only behind cover – the other ‘pult is a K2, and walks ahead of me. The Hunchbacks seem to have followed the lights. We warn them that that bridge is a shooting gallery for Mechs like the Awesome, but they seem confident...

Head over to the Official Site for the full article.

My comment:
If these screenshots are anything to go by then the final release will be utterly gorgeous! There is some chatter on the forums that the current beta client doesn't look quite this crisp, but it is likely because the internal dev client is using a more recent build of the CryEngine, as well as DirectX 11. Either way, I think I will be due for a rig upgrade before release time rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment